Webinar: Maximising social value through a local supply chain
NEPO and Bloom Procurement Services, the delivery partner to NEPRO³, are hosting a webinar for the North East public sector to consider how the region’s procurement approach can boost economic growth.
Many North East local authorities have adopted a programme of ‘progressive procurement’ to harness their procurement spend and maximise the economic, social and environmental benefit generated for their people and places. Where this approach has been taken, the region’s businesses and economies have benefitted greatly from the authority’s spend.
In this webinar a panel of experts will discuss the challenges of creating a ‘local first’ approach to procurement, how Bloom and NEPRO³ can help authorities overcome the barriers to entry for suppliers based in the North East, as well as providing guidance on how to positively engage with the region’s supply chain.
Introducing our panel:
- Sarah MacNab – Head of Social Value, Bloom Procurement Services
- Darren Knowd – Chief Procurement Officer, Durham County Council
- Steven Sinclair – Procurement & Commercial Director, NEPO
- Catherine Manning – Operations Manager, Social Value UK
- Jenny Hartley – Director, Invest Newcastle
The webinar will be delivered via zoom on Thursday 12 November (15.30 to 16.30).
To register your free place, complete the online booking form and you will be sent details prior to the event.